My mind lately has been consumed with one of three things:
1) Heroes: A new obsession, I have succeeded in getting Zoe to give it a shot and am rewarded by her enjoying it enough to watch both existing seasons with me! We finished last night, which is perfect since today is the premiere of season 3 (subtitled Villains, which is good because last season didn't really have any, and it stank) and I am very excited. I have been excited since 31 days ago. I know it was 31 days ago because I downloaded the countdown gadget for my desktop then. And this is how I know I am a big geek. But that's ok, because how often do you get to geek out about people with super powers, most of whom are hot, endearing, fascinating or a combination of all three? Actually, pretty often between the show and all its online content.
2) Trip to Florida: Tomorrow, I leave for my second ever gig in another state. I'm flying Southwest again since it was so blessedly hassle free when I went to Austin. I'm hoping for another smooth trip. All signs point to this being an interesting experience. Some of the signs? The dress code for concerts says "think Catherine Zeta Jones," Palm Beach's estimated median family income is $94,562, and the median house/condo value in Coral Gables is $837,900! Holy cow!
3) The Messy Intersection of Things Number 1 and 2: Because I'm working until 6:30pm, watching Heroes until 11pm and then leaving first thing tomorrow morning, the last few days have been a frenzy of planning ahead. I made a cake yesterday (henceforth to be known as Teh Cake, and to be viewed above) for tonight, and I decorated it this morning between my lesson and work. I am extremely pleased with how it came out, which is saying something because I am usually the last person to pass approval on any artistic project I had a hand in. I futz too much, and things get smudgy/gooey/messy/ugly. But not this time! In addition to Teh Cake, my suitcase is mostly packed, my cello is home already (so I don't have to take it on the bus at rush hour!), and Digikami is all set to come get me and Teh Cake in Stiney's car so I don't have to walk to his place with it, thereby tempting disaster. Because planning your life around a TV show is just pathetic, unless said TV show is really extraordinary, hopefully this new season of Heroes will have recovered from the season two nosedive, thereby justifying all the effort put into Thing Number Three.
2 comments:
Guess what I am watching *right now.* Love your cake.
I have been dimly aware of Heroes for some time and keenly skeptical of it, too. After all, it comes from TV.
Only recently did I find out that it is about people with super powers. That changes the calculus somewhat. It certainly increases the potential for awesome.
Post a Comment