
Apparently on Sunday night I managed to lose my phone and my BUID within minutes of each other. I replaced the former yesterday, and you see before you a picture of the lovely thing. Not as lovely as the G1, but not only is the new one a fraction of the cost, it is also first and foremost a PHONE. You know, for making calls to people. Perhaps this makes me quaint, but I don't really believe in phones that aren't phones first and computers second. I HAVE a computer that I like, and it has a nice keyboard with keys that I can hit one at a time rather than all at once. I already check my email obsessively, and having to do it on a computer really doesn't seem to curb that in the slightest. So I will continue in my backwards, backwoods ways and stick with the phone equivalent of a four function calculator. Because my phone doesn't really need to graph any more than my calculator does these days. I remember when all we had were car phones which were in the car because they were too big to carry in a purse, let alone in your pocket. I figure a phone that I can hardly grab between my ear and my shoulder is already a pretty cool contraption and I don't need any of that fancy intertubes stuff I keep hearing about following me around all day.
1 comment:
I don't remember car phones except from movies...no one I knew had one.
Post a Comment