14 April 2009

Still here!


Major events of the last few weeks:
1. Played a gig like a real professional musician at a church outside of Boston. It was fun, and hopefully I'll be asked back in the future. Side benefit: learned yet again how it isn't just a myth that practicing helps your intonation. Good to know.
2. Played in Roommate's pick-up concert of angsty early German music for viols and voices. It was lots of fun! In an angsty way. There were both cheese and wine after, which I feel is the signature of an excellent concert.
3. Planned going away cocktail-party-ish gathering to see Digikami and Stiney off on their Japan adventure. Not only did I manage to get everything ready at the same time, I also managed to produce a few things for a new friend with some interesting dietary restrictions. I could have done better at that, but I'm learning, and enjoying the challenge. (REALLY!)
4. Learned the time difference between Boston and Japan (13 hours).
5. Went to a Passover seder, and a Good Friday service. I'll leave you to guess which one was nearly 2 hours long and left me starving.
6. Prepared and submitted an application for a scholarship that will hopefully make my summer plans a little more...possible. This process included spending 6+ hours on Saturday practicing and recording myself for an audition CD. Many thanks to my juggling friends for being excellent and unexpected practice buddies.
7. Finished and mailed my taxes!

The next few weeks are going to be busy, but worth it. And the the summer will be several more months of a similar pattern.

p.s. 10 points if you figure out what the picture is (n.b. found on the internet, not drawn by me)

3 comments:

Michael said...

It looks like a crimefighting sink stopper! Where'd that come from?

Trina said...

Flashpot?

wombat said...

Thanks for guessing you guys, even though neither of you got it, and I'm not entirely sure who MM is! The answer is "shameless plug" and it came from the internet! I don't remember where.