Today has been a day for making connections. I reconnected with N in New Haven (well, I felt like we reconnected, did you?). We haven't talked much lately, not on purpose, we've just both been busy. Talking with him always makes me remember who I am, somehow. I don't really know why. We talked about our respective futures, but it wasn't anything to earthshatteringly profound, and it wasn't a very long conversation at 1am. But, as always, it was good to talk! Thanks, you. I also sent an email off to Herr Plank about my musicological dilemma, and received a nice email back. He didn't solve the problem for me (no one can, I know I know) but he had some good ideas of things I need to think about. And besides, corresponding with him is always wonderful, even if it's just about banal things. I'm now friends with BOTH of my (i think they're first) cousins on my mom's side on the facebook. It's CRAZY that the Little One is all growed up (or getting there, freakin' high school), and the other cousin and I commiserated about that some. He lives in Florida, and we probably haven't seen each other in at least a decade. We were splashing around in a pool at Disney, and that's about my only real memory of him, although of course the family keeps tabs on him. I think I have oodles of cousins on my dad's side, the Italian side, but no first cousins over there. And very few my age. My Floridian cousin and I are a year or so apart I think, and Judy is 15, so she's like my little sister. But my family has always felt small, and so actually being in touch with people who are in my generation is a little weird. I sent the Little One an email today, too! I also talked on gchat (sadly briefly) with friend YH who is traveling the world. I've been following her exploits via LJ, but we haven't actually spoken in too long. I hope we can get caught up soon. And I hope I can keep up this being in touch thing. It's tricky, but worth it.
On an unrelated note, CW and I watched Bill and Ted last night, and it is still a fantabulous movie. I can't believe I haven't watched it in years. I laughed so hard I forgot about Prof. Buttface. More on that tomorrow, so I don't get all riled up before bed.
No comments:
Post a Comment