06 April 2008

Stikes again

Background: We left it that I would send my work over the weekend, with a meeting to discuss on Tuesday morning. He told me to send it by Monday, and since I have class all morning, I have been planning to (and will) send it by tonight. I just got these two emails:

Hello Jane:

I understand how busy you have been with your recital, so I am giving you an extension on this deadline, but please keep in mind we really need to see considerable progress on your project soon, especially since you plan to be gone for the next two weeks and your final project will be posted online for all the world to see.

I am hoping to receive your outline and annotated bibliography by noon tomorrow.

I look forward to reading it.

Followed less than a minute later by:

Hello Jane:

Actually, by Monday at 7pm will be okay for me.

How necessary were either of these two emails? Let the record also reflect the fact that the only reason I'm missing two classes in a row is that he scheduled an additional class on what was supposed to be a no-class day. So is there any way to tactfully get across the fact that I'm not actually an irresponsible student, when the problem is in fact his own perceptions and lack of clear communication?

No comments: