22 February 2008

Snow (or) Things I Don't Complain About for a Change

I complain a lot. So here is a non-complaining post.

Some things I love that I thought about on the way home:

-The way dry snow feels when you step on it and when it breaks over the top of your food as you kick through it.

-Papers that turn out OK and make you think you might not actually be wasting your life after all.

-The way that shadows on snow look blue under streetlights at twilight.

-When a friend shows up right when you need him, and does exactly what you need him to do, even though neither of you knew that was what you needed.

-The way things get so quiet in the snow that you can hear individual pellets hit separate rhododendron leaves on their way down.

-The smell of hot sesame oil before you put anything in it.

-Friends (not in sesame oil though).

No comments: