So I've had a Livejournal since sophomore year of college, but while there are some interesting things there, and while I don't feel any extraordinary embarrassment upon reading old entries as some apparently do, nonetheless I decided it was time to start anew. I tried "starting over" on the old blog after I moved away from Ohio, but that didn't work. So here we are! In searching for a name for this, I stumbled back to e.e.cummings, from whom I never stray too terribly far. This got me thinking about self expression and the like, so I started looking for something suitable of my own that I could put here to kick off the New Blog. I'm WAY too disorganized to keep all my musings in any fewer than four separate places at any given time, so searching was in itself a fun and contemplative endeavor. In the end, I didn't really find anything profound, so in the end, I leave you with this:
I hear the stars twinkle
Sparkling little bells caught
In the velvet canopy of the sky
The shooting stars a counterpoint
Whistling like firecrackers
That echo away
I taste the grass between my toes
Melting delicately on my taste buds
In evening-gray cotton candy
With sweetness that is golden
Dampening with pearlescent dew
That savors the night
I feel the trees quaking
Touching my soul carefully
Deep within me tremulous
Swooning in bittersweet caress
Tickling with a tender hand
That roughly stings
I see the wind at night
Spinning, skirling patterns
In the dark air, hoary and shifting
A carefree gust comes to me
Wrapping me in a silver blanket
That shows me home
No comments:
Post a Comment