09 February 2008
Milkshakes in the Yard (or) A Trip to Gypsy
On Friday, some friends and I went to a real live club in Boston. In order to do this, I ravaged my wardrobe for suitable attire, and came up with a tunic I bought as a shirt that I had never had any intention of wearing without underlying jeans. Needless to say, I ended up looking like a bit of a prostitute in that, purple tights, and knee high patent leather boots. Yes, I do own a pair of knee high patent leather boots, and yes I have now worn them in public. My roommate went the cleavage route and in the end, we both looked good, in a sexy-sexy kind of way. Upon arriving at our friend's apartment before going out, we discovered we had managed to out-dress everyone else. I have a long history of being too dressed up, or too classy, or too slutty, or otherwise inappropriately dressed for an occasion. I blame my performance-attire-heavy wardrobe. I've got jeans, work clothes, and blacks. And formal wear. All things considered, this wasn't that bad, since once we got to the club, Roommate and I were actually quite normal looking in comparison. I saw girls in dresses that looked like chain mail and extended barely past their hips, as well as girls wearing midriff-baring tops that really should not have been baring their ample midriffs. At least in some aspects of life, I think I can rest assured that I am, if not "normal" at least "more sensible than a large proportion of humanity," and I'm kind of OK with that. There were jellyfish in a tank behind one of the bars. They were little, but lit from below and very lovely. What do jellyfish eat and how do you keep them happy in a tank?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Where'd you go clubbing? Would you be amenable to doing it again?
I completely missed the jellyfish. I am sad.
Post a Comment